32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Thursday, March 11, 2004

All the girls like a man in uniform.....

Well all I can say is that I feel like crud today - my sinuses feel like they have been repeatedly rogered by Jeff Striker and my stomach is giving me the shits. Literally. No good reason for it - which just pisses me off all the more - if I had been out, drunk 10 pints of bongo bongo juice and generally partied like it was 1999 then feeling like this would be reasonable. However, all I had was two pints with the guys from work, and a few cans with MSL and Ru.

On a brighter note I got my three new uniforms yesterday, so I will get to pose and strut on Sunday at my grading, wearing a pristine new uniform and my new ITF branded green belt. Ha - sad geek I may be, but at least I am a sad geek with the best uniforms in SG!

Just been looking at T's blog and generally pretty chuffed for him that he has his photo thing going on. Which, in turn reminds me that he was thinking of painting some mini's next week - should try and arrange something next week.

On the topic of painting, my Dark Elf army is beginning to take shape (taken me over a year to get there), with 20 dark riders, one cold one chariot, 12 cold one knights, my converted manticore, morathi on dark Pegasus, malus darkblade, 15 witch elves, 16 warriors, 1 warrior lord on foot, 10 harpies, sorceress on cold one and four repeater bolt throwers painted. All I need to paint now are the RBT crews, 5 more witch elves, 10 shades, the repeater cross bows for the dark riders, 25 corsairs, 20 executioners, Malekith on Seraphon and 20 blackguards. Shit. I revise my earlier statement - I have tonnes left to do. That bums me out. Big time.

Thinking about getting lunch. My common sense says go for the subway veggie delight - my stomach says get a steak and mushroom cheese melt on ciabatta. Which will win out - only time will tell.

Work is poodling along - at least I am getting busy again - which is a relief. As my colleague said yesterday, the boredom was getting to the point that it was tempting to throw oneself out of the window just for something to do! Hoping to get some action (as in work, not as in cheap sleazy sex) on the HK, Brazil or Netherlands projects. Actually, the UK would be pretty damn fantastic as well - see family, eat fish and chips, KEBABS! Bring it on. Still, guess I have to clear the work I currently have before I start trying to get on other projects.

The dogs were pretty cute this morning - pissed with me for going to work (but that in and of itself is pretty cute) - but by god can they pee. I mean it - if I pee'd as much as they do I would lose kilo's in water weight. Weird.

Thinking of joining the gym, want to do some lunch time exercise. Otherwise it seems such a waste to just sit in the office munching on a sub, playing NWN. I can imagine it now, 5 km runs at lunch time on the tread mill. weights. stretching. rowing. Of course - it would never happen, I would most likely end up never using the damn thing. The triumph of somnolence over health.

Don't know if anyone else bothers much with the news, but I am a total junky. Everyday, every minute I am glued to BBC news online. And today - well, I believe the term is "slow news day". I mean it. Lets see, Haiti has a new PM. Big deal - it was kind of inevitable seeing as Aristide has run/been abducted and is currently at large in Africa. And, surprise, surprise this new PM is calling for unity. Is this really news, or just reporting the obvious? And the five British Guantamano detainees are freed. Really. You are kidding. You mean that after two years being held without trial, and then being released as being "no significant threat", Scotland yard couldn't find anything to nail on them? Now there's a surprise! Actually, if this were twenty years ago it would be a surprise. Ask any of the Guildford four, or Birmingham six. Scotland yard, in the heyday of the troubles, never had any problems finding pernicious crimes to lay at the door of who so ever they wanted to bang up.

Anyway, I believe that I am staring to Rant - which I shall take as a clear indicator that it is time to get back to work, or at least, back to the appearance of work.

Tata for now - Taekwon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home