32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Friday, March 12, 2004

Slap me and call me big ears

Finally, in work on the right side of 0930 - first time this week - second time this month! Not that it really matters that much but it is good to get that buzz feeling of making into work on time. Of course, the hackney carriage that I engaged to facilitate my perambulation from Sin Ming to town couldn't possibly have had anything to do with my timely arrival, or could it...

Whilst on the topic of my taxi, I would like to say that a 25 minute journey accompanied to the stains (sic) of the Mormon Tabernacal Choir singing traditional hymns is not my idea of fun. However, my driver seemed to enjoy it so what could I do....By the way, I wonder can one use "(sic)" in an original document. I guess not as it indicates that an editor is using an exact quote from a source, warts and all. Still, not going to get my Calvin Kliens in a twist about it - not worth the hassle.

Last night the dodo once more stood up to the challenges of the evil youth. Yea, verily I stood upto the kicks and punches of outrageous fortune (ok, Damien the yellow belt) and came off only marginally worse for wear. Which, all things being considered (such as his not wearing any protective gear on hands/feet at all!) is not too bad. My main injury is a shoulder strain/bruise due to a really quite good turning kick from the aforemention Darth Maul imitator. A better man would be gracious - I on the other hand will indulge in some petty revenge and will knock him on his teenage arse next time I spar with him. Bully? How dare you - if he is old enough to quit school and bum around playing Mah Jong all day, then he is old enough to be whacked around a bit. Honest.

Tonight is a ADnD night - I have missed the last two sessions so fully expect to be caught in moment of complete inaction as the story/plot goes whooshing past me. Think of a rabbit as a 20 tonne juggernaught comes rushing towards it. Yep, thats me. Roadkill in the making. Whahhhh crash! @$%#^

My grading (technically, our grading, Since both Kanga and I are going) is on Sunday - and it doesn't take a soild grounding in the Nostradamus quatrains to know that a double promotion is in the offing. Oh, oh I must quickly interject a note about one of my fellow students - he is probably possessed of the worst technique I have ever, ever seen. I mean, if you took a blow up doll, filled it with jello, and then attached fishing line to it's hands and legs and had a blind Geppetto on Acid pulling the strings to the beats of "Crazy Euro Techno vol 359 - The beat goes on (and on and on)", then you might be coming close to the style, although I suspect that the blow up doll (whom I shall refer to as Jenny), so I suspect that Jenny, would have better technical execution. Really. He is that bad. And a green belt. Someone pass me a gun, it's time to self euthanise :-)

Don't know if anyone read the Nasa rover looks into the abyss story, but I ask you - when did a 150m wide crater become an abyss? My understanding of the word is "An immeasurably deep chasm, depth, or void". And I am sure that is not the case - unless of course the nasa Rover doesn't have the equipment to measuer the depth of teh crater, in which case they could argue that it is an abyss - in the same way that I could argue that
Xeno's paradox is true. Which I might do to just be bloody minded. Same as my arguments on the relative values of poetry and snot rags.

Tomorrow is Lee Yan's wedding - I think that is how the name is spelt - don't ask me to bet a vasectomy on it though - after six years here I still wouldn't put my Faberge's on the line when it comes to name spelling. So, out comes the Ang Bao (that one I know I spell right), and the obligatory cash, and the 10 course dinner that I can never eat because of the sheer quantity of dead sea life. Why, oh why can't all weddings be like D & S - sensible side of beef. Yum. No, instead I can see that I will be stuck with "Lucky five treasure soup" (never quite sure where the luck comes from - obviously not the poor shark that had it's fins ripped off and was then thrown back into the pacific/south china sea to drown). Guess I will have to implement "wedding hunger avoidance plan A" - grab a Mos burger/Kebab beforehand and during the wedding give all my food to Kanga (much like my own wedding, when WJ was the bearer of the marital kebab).

Anyhoo - it is 10am and I believe that the customary reason for my being at work is to, scalp money, no no no - I mean clear my weekly task list, ensure that I make all my deliverables and keep everyone happy - no mean feat on a friday when all you want to do is finish work and start guzzling the golden brew (no sniggering - I DO mean beer!)

Tata for now - I have no doubt that my need to shout into the abyss (which I can correctly call the world wide network of computers that comprise the internet - they are immeasurable) will need to be satisfied again soon

Taekwon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home