32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Monday, March 15, 2004

Beer, Wine, Money and Fast Cars

Well, here we are - at the start of week 12 of the business year and I have just had a ball of a weekend. Friday was at T's for Pizza, beer, more beer, another slice of pizza and maniacal die rolling. Many were the times where I tempted the DM to wreak an awful death on the party - in fact Kanga did indeed get here character killed - by a truly awful reflex save. Still, one scroll of resurrection, and some quick re-adjustment of her stats, and we were back in business! T also got NWN up and running - and so now can play games on the trusty Mac - now just need to find out what the problem with the Ethernet connection is.....

Saturday was time to spend moolah at Pi where I found that I still have 10% discount and have over 120 points to redeem. Just to get that in perspective - 1 point means I spent $20. That means I have spent over $2400 there! Gulp...Still I can redeem the points for a $75 discount on any item of my choice, which means that I am realising a 3% equity return on my "investments" :-) Also had roast beef and mash (not smash - why do some places (e.g. Brewerkz) call it smashed potatoes? What do they do - use baseball bats to make their mash?), followed by Swiss raclette, washed down with a nice glass of crisp white plonk. Then all this was followed up by Lee Yan's wedding - which went as expected - I got to sit for 2+ hours - the only non-Chinese guy in a room of 60 tables (that's 600 people) - listening to a compere who compered all night in her mother tongue. And the only thing I got to eat was the Braised Ee-Fu noodles. For any one who knows me you will be able to imagine my general sullen mood. Still - we followed this up with a trip to Bojangles at Bukit Timah Road where I indulged heavily in the Golden Nectar of Bacchus - which.....


......Wasn't so smart seeing as I had my Taekwon-Do grading at 9am the next day. To cut a long (ish) story short I reached the grading venue at 10 - but that was OK, as I wasn't due to grade until 11 ish, so I got to sit in the heat of a Sunday morning, feeling nauseas, and generally sorry for myself. The grading went as expected - looks like I will be retiring my green belt in favour of a blue - but I really need to improve my stretching - hence I think I will join the gym - so long as they aren't going to Dracula my wallet. Anyway - Sunday finished with Pizza and Beer - my as Friday night started - so I am now firmly back on the diet (well - I will be tomorrow - tonight is my father in laws birthday, so, unless I want to be as welcome as a foreskin at a Bat Mitzvah, I will be drinking and eating meat!).

And that - as they say - is that. Oh - one other thing I bought the DnD 3.5 core rule books on Saturday - so am busy updating my knowledge of the rules.....

Cheers, tata and Taekwon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home