32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Friday, March 19, 2004

Moved like an Idiot, Stung like a Bee

Well, after a period of abstinence from the Blog, I am back. By necessity this will be a quickie - I need to bugger off home, pack a dobok, and get over the causeway to see my Buddy Peter Chong to train. But, before I venture to Malaysia and single handedly attempt to get a taxi and not get robbed, I would like to take this opportunity to recount the story of the fall.....

In the beginning there was a pint of Hieneken, and I looked upon the Pint and saw that it was good. Then there was the Bill. This was unsightly to my eyes, yet I persisted in my observance. Thereafter there was the empty wallet. This was evil in the eyes of mine host, who demanded that I fulfill a quest to obtain absolution. The quest was simple - I was to depart the paradise of SODs, and remove myself from the sight of the Beer, and to journey to the ATM to seek the Cash. As I left on my quest I little realised the perils that awaited me. For not two minutes into my journey I was waylaid, nay Attacked in the most cowardly of manners by an automobile. My foe took advantage of my positioning and drove me into the Storm Drain of Despair. Many a long minute I spent seeking Egress from this pit, and upon exit I was much stained by the blood of my efforts. Valiantly I resumed my quest and finally reached the Tanjong Pagar DBS ATM, whereupon I withdrew a Kingly sum in GP's, PP's and even some EP's! (Ok - geek speak for Money (for any non-geeks reading this)) Thereafter I returned to the sight of the Beer to have my wounds tended to by my hand maiden.

And that's exactly how it happened - no deviance from the truth or embellishment. So to all who wondered what the *real* story was - there it is.

Anyway, as I said I am off to Malaysia in an hour or so, not sure if I will make it for training, but if I miss the training I will still get the food and beer! Tomorrow I am going to Pi for a few games of WHFB and then off to work to check that some stuff has been done. Sunday will also be a work day - but only an hour or so.

Just seen that Chen Shui Bian has been shot in the stomach - wonder if that will clinch the election for him? Must say that the KMT have been looking pretty strong, but if there is any suspicion of PRC involvement in the shooting then I think you can guarantee that he will see a swing of support going his way.

Well - I said that this was a short post - and I wasn't kidding. However, I have one thing to add - I have just realised that most of the people I know in SG are looking to escape as quickly as possible - am I the only one bucking a trend here? Have I missed something? Or does having a passport that basically lets me live anywhere in the EU just make it all somehow easier? I still suspect that greed keeps me here - a tax rate of 4% (total) on your first $150 000 of income? I shit you not - here are the figures (actually does anyone want to check my figures - they sound WRONG! I added up the Chargeable Income until I had $150 000, then added up the tax payable for that amount ($6000) - $6000 is 4% of $150 000 - which seems bloody low to me! - Seriously - someone check this and tell me if I am on the equivalent of tax freebase coke)

Ok - really is time to go now

Tata - Taekwon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home