32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Friday, September 03, 2004

Whinging Pommies

I need to know - am I a whinging pommy? I only ask as I still haven't been paid for July, and finance runs payment every Tuesday and Thursday, meaning that it is incredibly unlikely that I will get any money until next wednesday, a full 5 & 1/2 weeks since submitting my invoice. In the meantime the following bills have not been paid for a MONTH!

M1
SP
Town Council
Starhub
Citibank
SingTel

And soon to be added to the list of missed payments.....IRAS (who debit on 6th of every month)

I know my wage is good - but getting paid super late all the time makes cashflow, well, cash-non-flow. It's intolerable - and whats worse I don't know whether to ring the pricks in finance or just hold steady. It seems that I am going to have another weekend of scabbing drinks, running up tabs and generally not having too much self financed fun.

Still, at least I know that eventually, I will get paid. Unlike the vast majority of the worlds population. Perspective - it's a wonderful thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Malory? As in Sir Thomas? Last time I even looked at "Le Morte D'Arthur" I was about 17 and heavily into the Authurian Cycle. Definitely not in the usual vein of chivalry and romance - more in keeping with the times that he lived in than the history of the legend.

Hope you enjoy the odd read now and then - it's not always moaning about pay or lack thereof!

7:47 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home