32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Monday, March 22, 2004

Spank me and call me Nelly

Good grief - do you realise that on Friday I rushed from the office to get home so that I could play with the dogs, get changed and rush to Malaysia and do some training? Well, let me tell you, I won't be doing that again in a hurry! Look at the breakdown - taxi home at peak hour:$15. Taxi from home to Kranji MRT: $12. Taxi from JB Town to Permas Jaya: RM15. Total time travelling, playing with dogs etc: 3 hours. Total time training....26 minutes. Unbelievable! I arrived at the TKD club in time to warm up and then we left. Plus the instructor (Peter Cheong) wasn't even there - the class was being run by his 2nd degrees. What a complete waste of my rather valuable time. Furthermore, I ended up pissing it up at Bojangles when we got back to Singapore, which left me hung over on Saturday and missing my 11am game at Pi. Grrrrrr. Just watch me avoid the blame for my hangover. It wasn't me. I am sure that I have been saying that since I was old enough to blame others for my own foolishness.

Anyway, Saturday was a curious mixture of work and Warhammer. Oh, and Beer. Again. And Roast Beef at Marche. And a hang over. And a "Bojangles Bully Beef Burger". Yummy. Just put it in the blender and give me a "Nasty Saturday" smoothy.

For Sunday, please see Saturday, as the day was a carbon copy - except you can minus off the beer. So hangover, warhammer, and roast beef at Marche (again). And pizza from Canadian Two for One (or is that 241?).

Feel kind of bad as I didn't make it to Terse's preview - however, I was two steps away from spew city at 6pm on Sunday, and I am relatively certain that the sights, sounds and smell of British vom were not high on the want list of any of the other attendees, so I hope that I am forgiven. Also feel bad for not ringing the UK yesterday - that is going on my list of things to do during the week - better mark it down in the dairy - 4pm, Ring UK.

Got a spanking on Saturday from Lee - who plays Vampire Counts. By spanking, I am not refering to that most traditional activity of the sexually rapacious British former public school boy. Rather I mean it in the thoroughly American tradition - in other words an Arse Whooping. By turn 5 (of 6) my entire Dark elf army had been annihialted. Not just routed. No - every single model was dead. I am booked for remedial training at Pi on Tuesday.

Well, I think that work is a becking me...either that or finding where I can attend Pilates classes in Singapore - either in lunch time or on a weekend, Friday or Tuesday. Hmmm, wonder if anyone can leave a comment to help out on this one? Hint hint.

BTW - before I go I would like to recommend the health conscious amongst you to go to here for a government searchable nutrition databse of local favorites. Take Nasi Kambing - at over 700 calories and 30 grams of fat. And look at the picture - the portion is tiny! I, for one, am sure that when I am served this that the portion is at least twice the size. This is an eye opener for ppl who like to eat hawker fair (I count myself as a memeber of this group). It has helped me decide to have a 6" sub for lunch - at 228 calories, and 2.9 g fat, it is the diet food of choice.

DnD is on tonight - time to show off my new rule books. Hmmm, "my precious, my precious".

Tata for now, Taekwon

BTW - if my relatives are reading this - pls excuse the spanking reference. No offence intended

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home