32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Monday, April 19, 2004

Atkins attack

I like to think that I have always had a healthy appetite for meat - I have always been happy to have a steak, chicken, pork, lamb etc - but this weekend I attempted an Atkins weekend. It was not fun - I had two steaks, sauasages, beefburgers (sans buns) and veggies and by day three - this morning - I had an ever present taste of meat in my mouth. I have to point out that waking at 0730 to the taste of Steak and Sausage is not nice. In fact I would go as far as to describe it as downrigth unpleasant. I am back on my normal diet as of now, that is vegetarian monday to firday with some meat on the weekends.

I am 73 kilos, that is 11 and a half stone. My waist is back to 32 inches. My butt has it's shape back. I am feeling pretty good about myself, possibly even smug. Cycling, running, and TKD have become part of my life. I have quit smoking for over 1 year - I must be in my thirties.

FYI - it is 7 weeks until Kanga and I go to the UK for our holiday - and at teh rate that time is moving at the moment that is not very long!

DOH! Today is Simons birthday - which means that Kanga and I have to go out with him....which means I am missing DnD - again! Dagnamit - this is not good. I can only hope that I do not find myself very dead when I get to go next week. Also, Simons birthday means beer - not that high on my list of priorities on a monday morning. Think I will ease the foot off the gas tonight and cap myself at 4 pints, generously interspersed with lemonade

Taekwon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home