32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

News to me

Can't remember where I heard this, but it was sufficiently interesting to set me off on a search for answers. Basically woke up this morning with the following thought in my head:

"The Koran rejects the notion of Jesus crucifiction"

Strange thought to wake to - stranger still that a quick google later, I found the following Shuria verse:

"they did not slay him, neither crucified him, only a likeness of that was shown to them" (Qur'an 4:156)

Apparently the Koran maintains that Judas was crucified and that the image of Christ was shown to Mary the Mother, Mary Magdalene, Joseph of Aramathea etc. Apparently the Koran also explicitly rejects the notion of the Trinity.

This may become a new study for me - points of contention in shared mythology between Christianity and Islam. Looks interesting.

BTW - also read a very interesting extract regarding the origins of the idea of Trinity in Plato. That also looks like a promising read.

2 Comments:

Blogger wahj said...

You woke up with that specific a thought in your head? Next thing you'll be having visions and prophecies. = )

8:09 am

 
Blogger Neil said...

Well I am guessing that I heard something on Discovery yesterday night whilst I was reading the Vampire the Requiem rulebook (had the TV on in the background), and it snuck in, made a left turn around my defenses and planeted itself in my unconscious mind.

Can't really see the big G muttering to me in my sleep. Not really made of the right material! :P

10:38 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home