32 years old - Made in Britain - Exported to Singapore - Re-Exported to the Netherlands - and from thence back to Britain

Monday, June 28, 2004

Post Gym

Ok - this is the beginning of my Gym Blog. There were some surprises in my fitness assessment today, and over the next few months I aim to tackle these.
1) Blood Pressure: My blood pressure was 162/87 - that is way too high. I need to bring this down to around 130/80 - time to cut out the salt that I like in my diet. Maybe also caffiene has to go. Alcohol has been gone for 8 days already and saturated fat is not really a big thing in my diet

2) Cardiovascular fitness: Scored a Max V02 of 50. This is already in the "Excellent" category and only .35 short of the best ranking. Guess all those TKD workouts paid off in terms of cardio...

3) Strength: Pushups - fair (thats below average - time to work on this)
Situps - Excellent (Yeah!)

4) Body Fat Index: 28.2% - OVERWEIGHT! That is 46lbs of fat. Or 21kg of fat. Yucks - this should be around 18% - running and increasing muscle mass should tackle this

5) Wellness age - 36. If I meet the above then I will be able to reduce my wellness age to 24 - which can only mean good things for my wife #:-0

I will be tedious and report back on this as time and exercise do thetre respective things....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home